The Mining Suppliers Association of B.C. (MSABC) is a non-profit association, affiliated with the Mining Association of British Columbia.
Formed in 1986, it comprises suppliers, contractors and consultants to the BC mining industry who are committed to promoting the sustainability of this valuable resource. Recognizing the importance of mining to the economic well-being of the province, the mission of the association is to promote the development of a sustainable mining industry in BC by “Building a Better Future for Mining.”
To achieve this mission, the Association:
- Promotes MSABC as the authoritative voice of BC Suppliers, Contractors and Consultants to the mining industry.
- Is represented on the board of the Mining Association of British Columbia (MABC) and is a full partner in the campaign for positive public awareness of the industry.
- Offers expertise and active participation in the development of governmental policy affecting the industry.
- Is a full partner with MABC in the development and funding of activities designed to positively encourage public and political support of the industry, including:
- MineralsEd –BC’s Mineral Education Resources Program;
- Mining Week – the annual province-wide celebration of mining’s contribution to BC’s economy;
- Mining for Miracles – the industry’s campaign for the BC Children’s Hospital. Since 1988, the industry has raised over $20 million.
- Numerous industry events and programs for government representatives, mining engineering students, the general public and our own members.
- The future direction of our industry relies on the active involvement of its suppliers, contractors and consultants. It is the right thing to do.